SD into an ibanez mikro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
    I ordered 2 black sets and 2 chrome sets to have just in case. Used a black set on the Paul Gilbert.
    the grovers? they work really well. have the usual issues with my mikro as mentioned above; tuning.
    i had some 9's laying around so when i got the guitar i put them on, and then relalized 11's or higher would have been better for me for the the short scale. when i put the grovers on tho, it was holding a tune worlds better than the stock tuners. i have some 11's waiting to gon on when i put the pickup in.

But Lady Irony has reared her ugly head. My new solder station came in, rosin, and all the toys (was wanting to upgrade my solder setup for awhile anyway lol) i ordered.. Except my duncan has been delayed i took tomorrow off so i'd have all day to play with it.. ugh.. just my luck lol.

Comment

The GOTOHS. Didn't you read ALL my posts?
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

The GOTOHS. Didn't you read ALL my posts?
        I did, i just read it like you also ordered some grovers as well.. thats my bad. sorry, thats why i said.. grovers?

i wanted gotoh's too, were they drop in like these grovers? i'm eye balling another mikro thats for sale locally lol.
        Last edited by Boomerbsg; 11-17-2020, 11:39 PM.

Comment

I have a Paul Gilbert Mikro, which is great fun to play. However, it didn't take me long to upgrade the tuning machines to 21:1 units to keep from overshooting the note (common on a short scale), and I found the stock pickups way too hot. I saved them and installed a set of Lace Sensor Gold Dualies. No more problems....
          what guage strings do you use on your PGM?

Comment

10's. But I think I'll be putting on heavier bottom strings.

Comment

10-52 set?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably.

Comment

Excellent choice. Been using that for years.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well i had issues with the ibanez switch (100% sure it was me or my solding). so i removed it, and wired up the invader by itself, and i removed the tone knob and moved the volume down and out of the way. I'll cover the holes up some how. gonna leave the neck pup in even tho its not hooked up, until i fashion a way to cover the hole, or i decide to get the neck invader and put it in too.

I just turned 50 this month, and it would seem my age is showing in the lack of steady handedness in my solding lol. I havent soldered anything in years, and boy are these wires tiny as hell, add on the poor eye sight too, and i'm surprised its working lol.
                    I have a bigger CTS pot i want to swap in, but i need to go buy a reamer first to enlarge the pickgaurd hole for it.

I have no problems tuning, setting intonation, rod adustments etc.. hell, i could probably sand and paint one and make it look good, but i may have to actually pay someone to do my electronics in the future

The Grovers with 11 gauge strings tune up; and hold very nicely. The invader sounds really good. i'll polish up the frets next time i string it up.

Thanks to you who answered in my post!

cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	126973351_189236732800172_7424318677630563024_n.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	6031245

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerbsg View Post

Yeah I got the Grover 406C6 Rotomatic Mini 6 in Line Self Locking Machine Heads, Chrome

18:1
                      How are these working out for you? I have added some to my ebay watchlist and would appreciate any feedback. Have you tried 11s?

Since I'm flipping the guitar (lefty), I shouldn't have the same intonation issues even when dealing with a short scale since the strings will technically be the "right way up".

I expect some issues, but fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                      X