X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im sure they are in phase. id assume humcancelling too

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Hey Lew. What's the difference between the CS JD and the production model?
      Artie, I think the stock Hot For Tele is alnico 5. My Custom Shop version is alnico 2. It's tapped and one output is "vintage" and the full output is pretty thick and hot. It's a terrific pickup and I ordered it back when Mj was winding everything. I spoke with her on the phone and I'm pretty sure she wound it. Now they call it something else. '53 Hot or '53 Tapped or some name like that.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Ah, cool. I love the production JD. I was just wondering how they could make it better.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          Ah, cool. I love the production JD. I was just wondering how they could make it better.
          I thought you were asking about the Hot For Tele.

I do have a Custom Shop JD tho. To me it's just a little more airy or spaceous sounding than the production JD. More transparent. It's thick and dense but more three demensional than the production JD.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

I thought you were asking about the Hot For Tele.

I do have a Custom Shop JD tho. To me it's just a little more airy or spaceous sounding than the production JD. More transparent. It's thick and dense but more three demensional than the production JD.
            I wonder what is different about the CS version. Do you know?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I wonder what is different about the CS version. Do you know?
              No. I only know I've had both in the same Tele and the CS version of the Jerry Donahue is more three dimensional and transparent than the production version. Mj must know something that results in her winding better sounding pickups! A winding pattern or something.

Comment

i guess the production JD is machine wound, where as the CS order is hand guided...

i am diggin' the production version. No need for an upgrade, at least for me.

that secret agent sounds good in those clips, but i think it will be too bright/stealy with more gain (for what i would use it)

Comment

Working...
                X