Seymour Duncan PA-STK1n Parallel Axis Stack Pickup 

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan PA-STK1n Parallel Axis Stack Pickup 

I have an Alder Warmoth strat body coming in pretty soon and I have two different pickguards lying around I am going to choose to put on the Guitar. One of the pickguards is HH and the other is HS. I am debating on whether or not to put in the PATB series in the guitar and was curious about the Parallel Axis Stack Pickup vs the PATB-1 Neck pickup. I know they are both good, but was wondering how the Stack Pickup feels compared to a single coil? Is the output of the Stack Pickup similar to the PATB-1 Neck? I would be using a Maple Neck and only a volume knob with no tone on the strat. Wilkinson Bridge VS-100

Here's my Ibanez RG870RWZ with a PATB-1 set and a PA-STK1. The stack matches the neck with no issues. Feels a bit like a P90, but more compressed, and,is extremely clear, working great both with gain and when clean.

I don't know if you have any experience with stacks, but the PA sounds nothing like a Classic Stack, for instance; more like a modern, hi-fi version of single coil tone, with matching EQ.

The shape is a bit more square when compared to regular stacks or rail single coil-sized humbuckers, so you may have to route the pickguard a bit on the corners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170601_210820.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	6031447
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

^ Wow, what wood is that? It looks great.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
        Here's my Ibanez RG870RWZ with a PATB-1 set and a PA-STK1. The stack matches the neck with no issues. Feels a bit like a P90, but more compressed, and,is extremely clear, working great both with gain and when clean.

I don't know if you have any experience with stacks, but the PA sounds nothing like a Classic Stack, for instance; more like a modern, hi-fi version of single coil tone, with matching EQ.

The shape is a bit more square when compared to regular stacks or rail single coil-sized humbuckers, so you may have to route the pickguard a bit on the corners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170601_210820.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	6031447
        That is a nice guitar, Thank you for the advice. I have a strat that is routed for HSH, but I don't have a HSH pickguard at the moment. I'll take what you said about the tone into consideration!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          ^ Wow, what wood is that? It looks great.
          It's a rosewood top with abalone purfling and creme binding on an American basswood body bolted to a maple and bubinga Wizard Premium neck with a 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with binding and offset white dot position markers.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarmusic View Post

That is a nice guitar, Thank you for the advice. I have a strat that is routed for HSH, but I don't have a HSH pickguard at the moment. I'll take what you said about the tone into consideration!
            Even if you put it on the neck, with a humbucker in the bridge, it will still sound great for sure.

Comment

Originally designed for Blues Saraceno who is famous for his glorious tones. I'm trying the TB3 bridge humbucker and STK1 "stacked" noiseless in the neck. Pl...

Comment

Working...
              X