banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new .strandberg* pickups will be revealed today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new .strandberg* pickups will be revealed today!

Today is .strandcon*, an online convention where they will reveal their new products etc.

've been looking forward to this as they will reveal their new pickups made by MFB (Michael Frank, who made the EJ and Guthrie Govan pickups when working with Fender), I heard these pickups will also be sold as aftermarket upgrades, which would be awesome!

The convention is free and you can watch it from the comfort of your home so I figured I would share the link here with my fellow pickup enthousiasts!

cheers and take care.

https://event.trippus.net/Home/Index...BjPTzAZnKQ/eng

I really wish Strandberg would offer a 22 fret model. Talking to Ola, he wasn't interested. So, that ended my interest.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I really wish Strandberg would offer a 22 fret model. Talking to Ola, he wasn't interested. So, that ended my interest.
      why is 24 a dealbreaker? for the "sweet spot" of the neck pickup?

I have owned both 22 and 24 and don't really care how much it has, If i could choose I would probably pick 24 for easier access to the high frets but I rarely go that high anyway.

In any case headless guitars aren't for me, but I'm very interested in the new pickups!
      Last edited by Reee; 11-24-2020, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reee View Post

why is 24 a dealbreaker? for the "sweet spot" of the neck pickup?

I have owned both 22 and 24 and don't really care how much it has, If i could choose I would probably pick 24 for easier access to the high frets but I rarely go that high anyway.

In any case headless guitars aren't for me, but I'm very interested in the new pickups!
        Yes, the neck pickup always sounds 'wrong' to me. The headless I play is a Steinberger with 22 frets.

Comment

Hopefully someone attends and can share the info about the new pickups here. When I contacted Fender/Charvel about their custom MF pickups, they were super secretive about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
            Hopefully someone attends and can share the info about the new pickups here. When I contacted Fender/Charvel about their custom MF pickups, they were super secretive about them.
            there's a bunch of videos on them on youtube already, and as far as i know they will be sold as aftermarket upgrades, but i'm not sure about that!

all i can say about them is that they definitely sound like no other pickups i've ever heard, very modern and crisp, which fits the strandberg idea i guess.

Comment

They are already for sale on the website, didn't think it would go so fast https://strandbergguitars.com/product-category/pickups/

Interesting magnet choices, lots of Alnico 3.

I think Allan Holdsworth would have loved these pickups, they are very non-traditional and alien sounding

Comment

Actually, the pickups Allan liked were pretty standard. He used a neck 59 in the bridge with double screws for the 2nd half of his career. Funny side note- he was given a Strandberg but didn't like it much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Actually, the pickups Allan liked were pretty standard. He used a neck 59 in the bridge with double screws for the 2nd half of his career. Funny side note- he was given a Strandberg but didn't like it much.
                  there was not really anything like these pickups out when he was alive. on him not liking the strandberg, i can see that since his guitars were usually chambered and didn't have fanned frets and strandberg has that weird ergoneck thing.

Comment

The neck is something I didn't like, either. I could get used to it, but I would never spend that kind of $ on a guitar that 'I have to get used to'.

Comment

Working...
                    X