59n with Distortion bridge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59n with Distortion bridge.

I was just going through some of my archives, and found this Ibanez wiring diagram. An HB101n is a 59n, and the HB103b is the Distortion bridge. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone talk about this combo before. Sounds interesting. Anyone have one of the Ibby's listed at the bottom? I wonder how this combo plays together?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ibby SZ720FM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.4 KB ID:	6031897

That's a cool idea. I think there is a Schaller Megaswitch that is hardwired to do something similar. I am thinking the next project I do might have something like this.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i don't have that ibanez, but i have a 59/Dd combo in a flying v. Sounds great!
      Quality riffs in about a minute...
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I don't think that it would be bad.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          That's a cool idea. I think there is a Schaller Megaswitch that is hardwired to do something similar. I am thinking the next project I do might have something like this.
          And judging from the colors, they've done a mag flip on the neck so that the middle position remains humbucking.

And, they don't appear to be showing the neck black wire, or bridge red wire, both grounded.
          Last edited by ArtieToo; 11-24-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I have a 101/103 in my Jenna Jameson V. The 101 is indeed 59-ish. Perhaps a little louder than a real 59. Great combo.

59 Distortion is a great combo too. On the "middle" position of a Les Paul it really adds some thump and depth to a Distortions Uber-crunch. Of course, in the neck only you get classic whatever you want.

I'd think that wiring would be EXCELLENT in a 24 fret where the two pups are slightly closer....
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I had the SZ with that combo. Also put a ‘59/Distortion in an Ibanez AX something or other. Enjoyed both at the time.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Ah well. Yet another pup combo to try. Too many projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  59 Distortion is a great combo too. On the "middle" position of a Les Paul it really adds some thump and depth to a Distortions Uber-crunch. Of course, in the neck only you get classic whatever you want.
                  I'm fairly familiar with the classic C5/59 combo. How would you characterize subbing in the Distortion for the C5?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I'm fairly familiar with the classic C5/59 combo. How would you characterize subbing in the Distortion for the C5?
                    Never did a 59 C5 combo to my recollection. Only tried a C5 for a hot minute in between CC and C when mag swapping.

But - as all have and will say: The Distortion is really present mids. It cuts like a knife. The C5 - what mids? It is as scooped as the CCis humped.

I'm guessing a 59 and C5 would sound good together. The c5 is kind of an extreme version of a 59: More bass, less mids, more treble, more loud.

Comment

I'll have to look through my stash, and see if I have a Distortion. I think I sold mine.

Comment

I have tried that combo before. From what I remember, I did not use it long because the smoothness of the 59n was too much of a contrast for the aggressiveness of the Distortion bridge.

Comment

Sometimes, a little contrast is good. I'll have to try this and see.

Comment

I like a lot of contrast between the neck and bridge positions.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah - I like a hot bridge and a classic neck. But - YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                              X