Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIM SSS Strat pickup specs????

Heya all Been awhile......

What are the specs on the MIM strat SSS pups? And Thank you....

Like 7k iirc on old black plastic bobbins with twin ceramic bar magnets on the bottom magnetizing pole pieces

Compare to "authentic" traditional Fender single coins, which use fiber baseplates, 5-6k winds, and magnetic AlNiCo pole pieces without bar mags
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

My neck & middle read 6.6K; bridge reads 6.9K.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
        Like 7k iirc on old black plastic bobbins with twin ceramic bar magnets on the bottom magnetizing pole pieces

Compare to "authentic" traditional Fender single coins, which use fiber baseplates, 5-6k winds, and magnetic AlNiCo pole pieces without bar mags
        ?

So all 3 are Matched ish with the middle being RW/RP?

Comment

ok thanks guys.....close enough...neck in the bridge for me.

Comment

My Original MIM Came HSS
            I still Have the "Atomic" Humbucker I think They called it....
            Throwing it back Together SSS
            Just wasnt Sure if the Bridge Single was Hotter than the Neck Single but These are so Hot it isnt gonna matter I dont think

Comment

Originally posted by LuredMaul View Post
              Just wasnt Sure if the Bridge Single was Hotter than the Neck Single but These are so Hot it isnt gonna matter I dont think
              With such pickups, DCR readings are misleading anyway. As they have steel poles instead of AlNiCo mags, they have a MUCH higher inductance than regular Fender single coils. I remember an inductance around 4H on MIM PU's tested here a long time ago: that's twice the inductance of a Fender CS69, for example (and it's even stronger than underwound T-Top's) ... Hence the darker tone of such MIM Strat PU's.
              Last edited by freefrog; 11-28-2020, 02:51 AM.
              Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Working...
              X