banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring diagram for 2 single wire P90s with a 3 way blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring diagram for 2 single wire P90s with a 3 way blade?

Having trouble finding this even tho it's probably super simple. Wiring makes my head spin. I tried to follow the lollar example below but it's for 3 wire P90's, not the single wire guys. I'm probably being a total ding dong. Thanks for the help.

Just ignore the extra ground wire. Your shield goes to ground, and the center conductor goes to the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thats what I assumed and I swear that's what I did but no joy

Comment

Post a picture of your work.

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
          thats what I assumed and I swear that's what I did but no joy
          Not all blade switches are set up the same. So you can’t always just follow a diagram.

I always take a multimeter and check the continuity of each switch position. One terminal is the common, and the other three are the switch throws.

This is likely your problem.

Comment

it's a 3 way blade. would it really be different than any other? That seems odd? It's a CRL switch.

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
              it's a 3 way blade. would it really be different than any other? That seems odd? It's a CRL switch.
              You just need to find out which is the common wiper terminal. That makes contact with the three other terminals when you move the switch.

I can’t imagine why the circuit wouldn’t work otherwise. It’s pretty simple.

Comment

do I need to run a ground from under the bridge with this wiring?

Comment

ha ok. problem mostly solved

when I unscrewed the plate from the body it all worked fine. The switch was touching the braided wire in the control cavity and grounding out or something. Duh. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                  X