banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did they discontinue the Livewire Classic II Strat set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they discontinue the Livewire Classic II Strat set?

I don't see them on the webpage. That has got to be one of the best Strat pup sets of all time. Noiseless, while maintaining the classic single-coil chime and jangle that sometimes gets lost with noiseless passives. I hope they just accidentally omitted them from the page. Glad I got a set.

I sure don't see it, so I guess it is gone. I am sure you can still order them if you wanted. Most likely a purely financial decision- it is a great set.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They're one of Duncan's best kept secrets. I got my set by accident. I special ordered the Livewire II humbucker set. They sent the Strat set by mistake. I asked them, instead of sending these back, make me an offer I can't refuse. They let me have them at dealer cost. Best deal I ever got. I love these things.

And for the sake of the "rest of the story", (as the late, great Paul Harvey would say), I got a cool Candy Apple Roadhouse Strat from forum bro Butch S. He ripped out the EC tone circuit and made it passive. So it already had the factory battery box. It was a match made in heaven. Probably my favorite Strat. Although, my STK-S4 version is a close contender.

Comment

I was always interested in these but there were no sound clips anywhere online when I was building my Jazzmaster/Strat. Just tons of high gain stuff with the other livewire sets.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          I was always interested in these but there were no sound clips anywhere online . . .
          Any sound clip that sounds like a Strat, sounds like these. But, they have a little something special. Can't quite put my finger on it. You have to hear them.

Edit: Imagine a classic Strat set, played through the SD pickup booster. That's close.
          Last edited by ArtieToo; 12-03-2020, 09:50 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            They're one of Duncan's best kept secrets. I got my set by accident. I special ordered the Livewire II humbucker set. They sent the Strat set by mistake. I asked them, instead of sending these back, make me an offer I can't refuse. They let me have them at dealer cost. Best deal I ever got. I love these things.

And for the sake of the "rest of the story", (as the late, great Paul Harvey would say), I got a cool Candy Apple Roadhouse Strat from forum bro Butch S. He ripped out the EC tone circuit and made it passive. So it already had the factory battery box. It was a match made in heaven. Probably my favorite Strat. Although, my STK-S4 version is a close contender.
            Take a pic of that Strat...it sounds great!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Take a pic of that Strat...it sounds great!
              I will.

But better yet, after the holidays, I'm going to drive down to Tampa, and let you play it.

Comment

Working...
              X