Ibanez Artcore Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Artcore Pickups

Does anyone have any information on the stock pickups in the Ibanez Artcores? I think they are called the ACH1 and ACH2 but does anyone know anything else? What kind of magnets are they, what kind of tone response do they give, what do they compare to? Anything?

Re: Ibanez Artcore Pickups

I wish I could help you. I'm not sure if anyone on the forum even owns an Artcore.....maybe a couple of folks, but I'm not positive.

Comment

they are stock ibanez pups for this line of guitars. they sound ok, but nothing special. throw some seths in an artcore and you will be living large though.

but play one, maybe your ears will like them more than i do.
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I just got one yesterday. I’m still not sure about the pickups. Sometimes they are ok sometimes the neck seems too thick and sometimes the bridge seems too bright where as other times they seem ok. Well, except a little weak, they are definitely nicer then the pickups that came in my Epi. They will stay until I can make up my mind. I can’t decide if I want to go with a 59/JB or A2Pro/CC. I have an Epi Les Paul with the A2Pro/CC combo and I want the Artcore to kind of be in that same ball park as I will be switching between the two as a backup guitar. The verdict is still out as to which one will be my main guitar as well.

Comment

id say go with the same pups, those guitars are quite different so youll get variation but with the same pups you shouldnt have to change the eq when ya switch guitars

Comment

I have an Artcore AFS75T, the thin body with Bigsby style vibrato and the pickups sound almost identical to the ones on my friend's Gibson ES135 with about the same ourput but a tad more low mid-range. Hope this helps.

Comment

That would make them 57ish. After playing them for a while I would agree with that. Now I just need to figure out what I want them to be.

Comment

Jeremy, that makes perfect since to a point. The Artcore sounds thicker so I’m afraid it will be muddier. Also If I want to keep the look up and keep the covered pups they will be even muddier. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want it to be too bright either.

Comment

Working...
                X