Another Megaswitch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

No, no. It was our earlier "semantics" problem. You are correct. I was mistakenly taking "reversing signal flow" to me mean reverse wind. And you clarified that's not how you meant it. But yes, one way or another, we must reverse the signal flow, along with the mag flip. And reversing the wiring will do that.

So, to Mincer, you must mag flip and reverse the wiring.
    No problem, Artie. BTW,, I wasn't trying to correct you or change you - just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding something!

Thanks as always!
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

No prob man. I'd never take it that way. Other people will read this, and it's important that we're clear.

Comment

You're always a class act. Cheers!

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Thanks. Now gimme a sec while I wipe the wine cooler off my t-shirt.

Comment

Ahh, a case of the famous Ted Striker "drinking problem".

Comment

No, I really appreciate you both hashing this out, I get a little lost once you start flipping magnets and reversing the wiring. While magnet flipping is pretty easy, this is going to be a custom set, so while they are building it, I will just ask them to install the mag flipped, but keep the wire colors the same.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Comment

Thanks. That was helpful to me. I didn't get that swapping black and green would split to the screw coil.
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    No, I really appreciate you both hashing this out, I get a little lost once you start flipping magnets and reversing the wiring. While magnet flipping is pretty easy, this is going to be a custom set, so while they are building it, I will just ask them to install the mag flipped, but keep the wire colors the same.
                    I'm curious to try this wiring scheme myself. I'm just not sure if I have a lever-switch dual-humbucker guitar. Except my Tele's and a Schecter, which are already dedicated to other duty.

Comment

FYI, my switch arrived today. I don't have anything to put it in yet- I am assembling parts to build something, though.

Comment

FYI, my switch arrived today. I don't have anything to put it in yet- I am assembling parts to build something, though.
                        I was about to say "that's odd", 'til I remembered that they're in your neighborhood. I'll probably get mine today.

Comment

I am really looking forward to try what you worked so hard on, though. I think it will pair down the best parts of the Do It All wiring into something even more refined (for me).

Comment

I am really looking forward to try what you worked so hard on, though.
                            Putting new shingles on a roof is hard work. I was sitting at my computer, playing with my favorite "paint" program, with my favorite libation, while watching YouTube videos. We're good.

Comment

Yeah, but I still appreciate it. When I study a diagram and the theory you had laid out, I get it. The problem is I don't retain all that crazy stuff when I am not actively wiring guitars.

Comment

Wheehoo. Got my switch today. Now to figure out which guitar to put it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X