Recomendation: Transition neck in HSS bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendation: Transition neck in HSS bridge

I haven't seen any posts about this one, so just thought I'd share.

I have a Yamaha Pacifica that's been giving me fits, and I've tried a ton of pickups in the bridge. JB, CC, C5, Custom, Air Norton, Fred, Paf Pro, etc. etc. The result was either a brittle or bloated sound--there seemed to be no in-between.

Air Norton and CC were perhaps the best, but not a good balance with vintage-output singles.

On a whim, I put in a Transition neck I had. Bingo. PAF, with a solid bottom, very responsive to volume control, touch sensitive, splits well, and not strident at all. Kind of in the Air Norton territory, but with a more open, immediate, and less nasal sound.

If you have one banging around, consider trying it in the bridge if you're looking for a moderate PAF with just a touch of juice. It might surprise you!

What is the proportion of lows, mids and highs on it?

Comment

Transition Neck & Bridge Model pickups were designed for Steve Lukather and Luke's new LIII™ Music Man guitar. The pickups are named after Steve’s new album, Transition (release date January 21, 2013). Lukather played the LIII™ guitar with Transition™ pickups throughout the new record. The passive Transition™ humbuckers are both subtle and tough. They have power and they have depth. Steve says they’re organic, and they allow him to own his sound. “These days I like it simple and direct,” he shares. The Transition™ Neck Model performs like a vintage humbucker with a bad attitude. It has punch and edge, and it’s fast.

Transition Neck & Bridge Model pickups were designed for Steve Lukather and Luke's new LIII™ Music Man guitar. The pickups are named after Steve’s new album, Transition (release date January 21, 2013). Lukather played the LIII™ guitar with Transition™ pickups throughout the new record. The passive Transition™ humbuckers are both subtle and tough. They have power and they have depth. Steve says they’re organic, and they allow him to own his sound. “These days I like it simple and direct,” he shares. Steve says he's started over sonically and is into a more organic sound these days, but the Transition™ Bridge Model has a tough, in-your-face sound that's also perfect for shredding and technical playing.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
      And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

DiMarzio did something right with the Transition series.

The tone I get out of my partscaster tele with a Transition Bridge with a double-thick A6 magnet is THE sound in my head for lead / hard rock rhythm. There's a certain frequency in the mids that comes out that just cuts soooo beautifully!__PRESENT
        Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
        Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
        Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
        Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
        Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
        Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
        Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
        Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
        Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
        PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

Originally posted by Condemned soul View Post
          https://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/med...ransition-neck

Transition Neck & Bridge Model pickups were designed for Steve Lukather and Luke's new LIII™ Music Man guitar. The pickups are named after Steve’s new album, Transition (release date January 21, 2013). Lukather played the LIII™ guitar with Transition™ pickups throughout the new record. The passive Transition™ humbuckers are both subtle and tough. They have power and they have depth. Steve says they’re organic, and they allow him to own his sound. “These days I like it simple and direct,” he shares. Steve says he's started over sonically and is into a more organic sound these days, but the Transition™ Bridge Model has a tough, in-your-face sound that's also perfect for shredding and technical playing.

Cool, thanks.

I have actually played the brige in a Musicman signature model but didn't realize it until I checked those links.
          Actually didn't do much for me but maybe the neck in the bridge position is an improvement.

Comment

Seems like a lot of people love the bridge Transition, but I haven't gotten on with it. The neck is another matter--very nice in either position.

Comment

Working...
            X