Blues Saraceno neck humbucker tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Saraceno neck humbucker tone

Hi just curious as to what you guys would suggest for Blues’s neck humbucker tone back on hairpick and plaid??

cheers in advance

The PATB-1n is a perfect match to the PATB-3b. Can't add much to that.

They both let your fingers, and the pedals and amp do their thing.

Comment

Blues Saraceno to Evan Skopp:

"Hey Evan,
      In that scotch tape plaid guitar I believe that they were 59's in it (two bridge pickups as per usual)....Those were the pre cursor to the Trembuckers.... The sound improved drastically once the patb's came along.... Helped out the tremolo guitars a bunch ... kinda gives them a little more mids that the tremolo removes..... I have always just use two bridge trembuckers even though the neck pickup spacing is a little wider ... They just match up well to my ears.... Hope this helps.
      Viva la Seymour Duncan!!!!
      -Blues "

Quality riffs in about a minute...
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

SH-1b would accomplish same thing, and line up better, than a pair of TB-1b's. That's what I'd do for Plaid sounds.

Hairpick appears to have been PATB-3/PATB-1n.
        He seems to have preferred the PATB-3/PATB-1n set back then, as superpete posted.

Could even try PATB-3 in both positions, to split the difference in approaches. Or ask the Custom Shop to do a PATB-3n (neck-spaced PATB-3), if you are concerned about perfect polepiece alignment to perfectly minimize string pull. [Not likely to be a perceptible difference, so hitting CS over that is probably more an issue of being meticulous on appearance.]

Comment

Being curious, I tried PATB-3 in the neck of my LP and it didn't please me. Too fat/thick for me. I can see it working in long scale 24 fretter though. In the bridge, it's a fine pickup indeed.

Comment

Working...
          X