banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan pickups from AliExpress - are they real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan pickups from AliExpress - are they real?

Hello, I just wanted to check if these pickups are real. Their reviews are good, the seller claims they're real of course and only one guy suspects they may not be real. The price makes me a bit nervous however. A used TB-4 goes for ~€70 where I live and here it's sold for €40. Can an expert take a closer look and help me judge if the price really is too good to be true?

Here's the link: https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/100...2eece4b2e62b35

Best regards

Usually price is your guide. If it looks to good to be true it usually is.

Also, pics used in ads can often be of a real set, but what you get is not what is pictured.

Comment

Let me be the first to take the leap and say they are fakes. If budget is an issue I would suggest picking up some Duncan's on the used market, eBay, Reverb. There is very little that can go wrong with a used pickup. Typically it works or it doesn't. You may also want to look in the trade section of this website for used pickups.

Comment

100% fake
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I suggest you buy used from someone you trust, or from an authorized dealer. What you receive from that company will be100% fake.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yes the pickups from Aliexpress that say Seymour Duncan on them are real pickups.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You'll get something real, just not the real thing you paid for.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

They are 100% fake. Like everyone said, go used if you want to save a few bucks.

Comment

Here are real Duncan's less expensive than the new on Aliexpress

Comment

See more Duncan's.

Comment

Really? You think you are buying legit products from china at prices that are lower than in america?

Comment

Anything for sale on Alibaba that looks to be an American product is fake. Period.

Shenzhen is the counterfeiting capital of the world, producing "D'Addario" strings and "Gibson" guitars and even much larger items that are cloned from stolen plans, then sold under fake brand names.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Aliexpress is the place people go to buy cheap, Chinese-made guitars with logos of respected manufacturers on; in fact, replace “guitars” with “handbags”, “watches”, or one of countless other goods.

I would bet good money that those are not real Seymour Duncans.

Comment

People buy those pickups and then resell on sites like eBay and Amazon regularly. Drives me nuts.

I STRONGLY recommend purchasing new pickups from authorized dealers. The small premium is worth the piece of mind and difference in quality. The knock-offs are NOT the same, even if specs appear similar.

Comment

I got some knockoff pickups with similar specs
                              that were not branded as SD
                              Check out the Donlis brand on aliexpress
                              Those are nice potted pickups that aren't counterfeit
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X