banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan pickups from AliExpress - are they real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Fleor

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWhizz
    replied
    There are pickup brands such as Iron Gear, Tonerider, Wilkinson, Entwistle, and Warman (sorry, I only know the UK ones) that take advantage of cheaper Chinese manufacturing, but are more reliable with better customer service.

If you are after cheaper pickups then they are worth looking into; I’ve seen people get some great tones with Tonerider especially, and Iron Gear. Assuming from the link you posted you’re German, I’m sure you can get those brands or similar from Amazon, Thomann, Bax, or similar.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    I got some knockoff pickups with similar specs
    that were not branded as SD
    Check out the Donlis brand on aliexpress
    Those are nice potted pickups that aren't counterfeit

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    People buy those pickups and then resell on sites like eBay and Amazon regularly. Drives me nuts.

I STRONGLY recommend purchasing new pickups from authorized dealers. The small premium is worth the piece of mind and difference in quality. The knock-offs are NOT the same, even if specs appear similar.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWhizz
    replied
    Aliexpress is the place people go to buy cheap, Chinese-made guitars with logos of respected manufacturers on; in fact, replace “guitars” with “handbags”, “watches”, or one of countless other goods.

I would bet good money that those are not real Seymour Duncans.

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied
    Anything for sale on Alibaba that looks to be an American product is fake. Period.

Shenzhen is the counterfeiting capital of the world, producing "D'Addario" strings and "Gibson" guitars and even much larger items that are cloned from stolen plans, then sold under fake brand names.

Leave a comment:

• Juanhanglo
    replied
    Really? You think you are buying legit products from china at prices that are lower than in america?

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    See more Duncan's.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Here are real Duncan's less expensive than the new on Aliexpress

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    They are 100% fake. Like everyone said, go used if you want to save a few bucks.

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    You'll get something real, just not the real thing you paid for.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Yes the pickups from Aliexpress that say Seymour Duncan on them are real pickups.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I suggest you buy used from someone you trust, or from an authorized dealer. What you receive from that company will be100% fake.

Leave a comment:

• superpete
    replied
    100% fake

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Let me be the first to take the leap and say they are fakes. If budget is an issue I would suggest picking up some Duncan's on the used market, eBay, Reverb. There is very little that can go wrong with a used pickup. Typically it works or it doesn't. You may also want to look in the trade section of this website for used pickups.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X