X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by Sambuccashake View Post

A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.
    Everyone's happy, when the wizard walks by. ..

Leave a comment:

• Sambuccashake
    replied
    That is correct, what is mentioned in 37 & 39.
    Basically trying to get as much "neck action" as possible out of a two humbucker guitar. (as opposed to the more bridge centric OP that started the discussion)

Open for whatever is feasible/closest to what I was looking for without doing mag flips and such.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    So, remind me. Is it post Ever seen this?? or Wood Test: Ash vs Alder (Strat) that you're asking about? Or both?

Weird. The forum substituted my post numbers for the post name. That's supposed to be 37 & 39.

Leave a comment:

• Sambuccashake
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    Gimmie a sec. I move really, really slow these days.
    A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Gimmie a sec. I move really, really slow these days.

Leave a comment:

• Sambuccashake
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8bt8d6.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	6266311
    ArtieToo

Leave a comment:

• Sambuccashake
    replied
    Hi all!

Bringing this topic back from the depths of the forum as it is worthy of both resolution and resurrection.

Can you please post a diagram of how it can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Sambuccashake
    replied
    If the "neckstravagant" wiring of 1,2 &3 is indeed doable, what would be a suitable bridge variation in position 4?
    I have always thought the "faux tele" sound that is usually found here is more a novelty than something I would ever consider using.

Leave a comment:

• jmcorey
    replied
    Yes, yes, yes. Very clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by jmcorey View Post
    Would you pit the wire through the holes and solder, or just solder the wires together and then solder that to the end of a terminal?
    I always try to manage my wiring scheme so there are never more than two wires in one hole. Use my post #4, fig. 2, as a reference. At the lower left quadrant, (pink and green), there appear to be three wires. But the pink is just one wire. I strip just enough insulation off so that it will span two terminals, then carefully tin the end. When I tin, I make sure I get good solder penetration into the strands, then hold the wire, end pointing down, and slide the iron down to the tip so that any excess solder comes off the end. There's often still a little "pointy" end left, that I just clip off. So now that one wire will go through the hole and into the end terminal, where I gently bend it over to hold. Then the green wire goes in, and I solder the terminal once.

In other words . . . tin the wire ends, then solder the terminal once.

Make sense?

Leave a comment:

• jmcorey
    replied
    I try to use something between 20 - 24 gauge.
    So some questions about soldering.

Standard wire that I see people use to connect pits, caps, switches, etc., appears to be 22 gauge wire. It also looks to thick to put two or three of them through the holes of terminals on a 5-way super switch.

Would you pit the wire through the holes and solder, or just solder the wires together and then solder that to the end of a terminal?

Leave a comment:

• Sambuccashake
    replied
    I have been playing HH guitars for so long that when I switch to something with a middle position single, I need to move it far away from the strings so that I don't hit it with my pick.(Which can make for some interesting sounds but also a bit weak)

However, I no longer feel that I would be missing out on useful sounds if I can manage to "Artify" them with the Superswitch.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Aside from Bridge and Neck series in outer position, the rest can go wherever on 2, 3 and 4 if that simplifies anything.
    No prob. Using my Superswitch wiring technique, it doesn't matter what goes where. They are all equally as simple.

Leave a comment:

• Sambuccashake
    replied

Sure. And welcome to the forum. Just give me a little time.

Are you comfortable doing a mag flip? If you don't, then inside and/or outside coil pairs won't be hum cancelling. This can also be remedied by doing neck-side or bridge-side coils instead. But both are do-able, if you don't mind the mag flip. (Which is pretty easy.)

The mag flip actually sounds doable (I will examine some discarded humbuckers first to get a feel for the procedure) but I think I would like to have a go at the wiring sans the flip to begin with.

Recently I find myself spending more and more time on or "around" the neck pickup and really enjoy the different flavors to be had there.
    Is it perhaps possible to manage a neck coil split as well?

1) Neck Series
    2) Neck Parallell
    3) Neck coil split
    4) "Something parallell" (I can live with alternate coil selections, no problem)
    5) Bridge Series

PS. Aside from Bridge and Neck series in outer position, the rest can go wherever on 2, 3 and 4 if that simplifies anything.

Super grateful!

//best regards Jens

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    @artieToo Can you please help me . . .
    Sure. And welcome to the forum. Just give me a little time.

Are you comfortable doing a mag flip? If you don't, then inside and/or outside coil pairs won't be hum cancelling. This can also be remedied by doing neck-side or bridge-side coils instead. But both are do-able, if you don't mind the mag flip. (Which is pretty easy.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X