banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And even more cool new pots. (Bourns Sean Silas pots.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And even more cool new pots. (Bourns Sean Silas pots.)

I don't really know who Sean Silas is, but apparently, he collaborated on some cool pots. I bought these quite some time ago for no specific project. I just liked the write-up. My latest customer wanted good Bourns pots to go with the MojoTones he's putting in a black (EPI) LP Custom. So I put them in. These are sweet! Super velvety smooth action, and one of the best tapers I've ever used. Probably, the best taper I've ever used. Volume drops smoothly, and you can still slightly hear the pup just before you hit "zero."

They go for $10 - $11 each, depending on if you need knurled or solid shafts. Check 'em out. Sweet pots.

https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Ntk=P_MarCom&Ntt=103938680

https://www.bourns.com/news/press-releases/pr/2016/01/19/bourns-debuts-new-sean-silas-signature-series-guitar-potentiometers-at-2016-namm-show

And yeah, they only appear to be available in 500k.

Last edited by ArtieToo; 01-13-2021, 02:44 PM.

...and short shaft. But is the bushing US or import size?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      ...and short shaft. But is the bushing US or import size?
      US all the way. Good ole' 3/8".

And I did just put them in an LP with no problem. Other than had to ream out the bushing hole just a smidgen. But I've got the reamer, so I kinda take it for granted.

Comment

gibson lp? and you had to ream? hmmm... i really like the cts vintage taper pot, might have to check these out too

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          gibson lp? and you had to ream? hmmm...
          Sorry. Epiphone LP.

Comment

Comment

That sure looks like the same thing. I'm gonna be bummed if I paid 75% too much.

Comment

Screamin' deal. Will grab a handful of these.Thanks.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

Screamin' deal. Will grab a handful of these.Thanks.
                  Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                    I'm gonna be bummed if I paid 75% too much.
                    You paid a reasonable price for quality pots, but the stock at Arrow is definitely a value buy here.

The solid shaft version is over $4/ea. on the same site. Also, if you sign up for their free "perks" account, you can get free shipping on orders over $50.

Comment

Just got some of those nice pots through Arrow that Artie mentioned in the other thread.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                        Also, if you sign up for their free "perks" account, you can get free shipping on orders over $50.
                        Yup. I've been signed up. I just don't always "search" as diligently as I should.

Comment

Working...
                        X