Prail Neck pup exit wire orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prail Neck pup exit wire orientation

Just acquired a used Prail Neck pup, and I am little suprised by the location of the exit wire location. Its on the bottom LEFT instead of the bottom right, or even top right for that matter. The orientation of the company logo seems to imply that the Rail coil shoild be facing the Bridge, which is the orientation I have the pup in.... otherwise the logo would display upside down.

So, why would the exit wire not be located on the right side? Even in a Les Paul style guitar which has the more uncommon location of its pickup selector switch to the left of the two pups, the lead wire still neess to first travel down to the right of the pups to the volume control and tone control, before routing back up to the left of the pups?

[edit: i inspected the pup with my multimeter and all seems fine in that regard]
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 01-14-2021, 09:16 AM.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

That's a neck. Looks right to me. But someone must have used it for a bridge as the leads are cut. You'll have to extend them.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      That's a neck. Looks right to me. But someone must have used it for a bridge as the leads are cut. You'll have to extend them.
      i am aware it is a Neck. I mentioned it in the title and body of my thread.

I was thinking that the exit wire should be on the right side of the pup, not the left. Why do you think left side looks correct?
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

My PRail set is the same. I would guess it's because that's where the two coils come together for the series link.

Comment

Interesring. So even the bridge pup's exit wire is on the left side?

Comment

Yes, mine are both the same

Comment

maybe something to do with the fact theres no screws to come through the base plate? not sure but i think mine are like yours

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                maybe something to do with the fact theres no screws to come through the base plate? not sure but i think mine are like yours
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X