banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC (size) bridge to go with a Parallel Axis Stack neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC (size) bridge to go with a Parallel Axis Stack neck?

I'm looking for a new set to put in an SSS guitar. I like the classic sound of an SC in bridge and neck (I don't use the middle so often). Listening to samples it seems I'm looking for the V shaped eq with big bass, less mid, lots of sparkle.

Parallel Axis Stack (PA-STK1n) in the neck sound tremendous from the samples and demos I've found.

What to put in the bridge? Vintage Rails SVR-1 seems to fit that description. Would that work ok?

the vintage rails might be a little underpowered compared to the pastk, i might look at the classic stack +, skt-s4b. very single coil like and just a bit more output than a vintage strat pup

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      the vintage rails might be a little underpowered compared to the pastk, i might look at the classic stack +, skt-s4b. very single coil like and just a bit more output than a vintage strat pup
      Do you mean as a set or as an alternative to vintage rails in the bridge?

Comment

as an alternative to the vr in the bridge

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          as an alternative to the vr in the bridge
          OK. How'bout?
          Neck Parallel Axis Stack
          Middle Duckbucker
          Bridge Vintage Rails

Comment

I'd say what you want is the Classic Stack. It has the power, EQ and single coil feel you want.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

you will probably fight to get the duckbucker and vintage rails to balance with the output of the pastk which is why i suggested the classic stack +. if you wire the duck and vr in series, youll have less issue with balance but it wont sound as stratty

Comment

Fwiw, I got a set of Classic Stack and installed them yesterday. Haven't had much time with em but so far so good. Definitely in the right ballpark.

My guitar is staying in tune better now. SD should advertise this benefit of their products.

Comment

No experience with the PA-STK1n but If the STK-S4 is in the right direction in the bridge, you may try a STK-S7 if you want a bit more output and roundness. The STK-S7 was developed as a bridge single-coil. I have a STK-S4 neck and STK-S7 bridge in a Strat copy and it's a very nice balanced set.

Comment

Working...
                  X