No announcement yet.

Who still makes 9-string Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICTGoober, can you show an example of how you would fit multiple pickups into the existing routs on a guitar? If you are talking about completely carving up the top/finish on the guitar to install something the way a P-bass pickup is configured, I'm not that willing to butcher a perfectly good guitar.
    Last edited by Mr. B; 01-18-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Will one 9v battery power both neck and bridge EMG pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
        Yes. Typically, an entire set of active pups draws less than 1 ma. They are amazingly efficient.

Comment

If you are talking about completely carving up the top/finish on the guitar to install something the way a P-bass pickup is configured, I'm not that willing to butcher a perfectly good guitar.
          That is exactly what I am talking about. I simply offered a solution. It's your guitar - do what you want.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Yes one battery can power both pickups and any tone modules you want. In my first post I showed how to create a phantom power box. The only thing you would do is omit the jacks on the guitar side and run a stereo cable to the guitar so that the ring provides power while the ground and tip provide signal.

Comment

...but the diagram you posted shows 2 9v batteries connected in that circuit.... or am I missing something? I have never tried wiring any active circuits before, just passive.

Comment

...but the diagram you posted shows 2 9v batteries connected in that circuit.... or am I missing something?
                That diagram shows the "18-volt mod", I'm guessing by coincidence. Just omit one battery and it's connector, and you have the same thing, in 9-volt.

Comment

...but the diagram you posted shows 2 9v batteries connected in that circuit.... or am I missing something? I have never tried wiring any active circuits before, just passive.
                  My diagram has two 9v batteries because I usually run my actives at 18v. I also have a switch so I can choose 18v or 9v. If you want to run 9v use one battery clip. The advantage to building a phantom power box like this is I can use it with all of my guitars with active pickups and not worry about changing batteries.

Comment

Working...
                  X