Ordered the Jerry Donahue Tele bridge pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered the Jerry Donahue Tele bridge pickup

I have a Pure Vintage 64 fender set currently loaded and I think the JD will sound better than the 64 Anyone have any experience with the JD bridge? Do you like it? Is it rounded or a bit harsh?

planning on keeping the 64 neck loaded as its A5 magnets and I really like it. I’ll have to reverse the lead / ground wires right in the JD?

The JD was an improvement in every Tele I've heard it in. It is rounded, with more output, but still sounds like a Tele. Nothing at all not to like.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The JD is my favorite Tele bridge pup. Sounds like a Tele should, without ice-pickey highs, or too much twang. Just the right amount of girth and body.

Comment

Thanks for the replies - exactly what I’m after

Comment

Mincer - will I need to reverse the wiring bc of phase issues ? I have a fender 64 in the neck of

Comment

Yes, it will be out of phase with the Fender.

Comment

So wire the black lead to the switch and white to ground?

Comment

youll also have to move the ground wire for the base plate

Comment

And run it where ?

Comment

the baseplate needs to be grounded. if you flip the hot and ground pup wires, move the base plate ground wire to the new ground. its a small little wire on the bottom of the pup, youll see it once it arrives. its easy and we can guide you if you need assistance

Comment

Ah gotcha! Thanks for the heads up I wouldn’t have thought of that

Comment

It should arrive tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          The JD is my favorite Tele bridge pup. Sounds like a Tele should, without ice-pickey highs, or too much twang. Just the right amount of girth and body.
                          Ditto on that.

Comment

Man o man what a sweet sounding tele bridge pickup So glad I made the switch and it sounds great with the fender 64 in the neck very balanced output. More punch and less harsh

Comment

Great to hear of a successful transplant! Hopefully it gets the sounds you need.

Comment

Working...
                              X