banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there 2 different base styles for the Seymour Duncan SHR-1B Hot Rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there 2 different base styles for the Seymour Duncan SHR-1B Hot Rails?

Hi All,

I'm looking for this pickup but want to make sure that the base of the pickup looks like this. Seems like a Tele style base.

I also see them in this shape as well.

Did Seymour Duncan make 2 different shape pickups? Because I don't see the first one on their website.

I see one for Tele, but I want the higher output in the Tele base.

dinky

The first one is the old style. I think there was a problem with people catching the "E" string under the lip on deep bends. So they came out with the new style, which is your 2nd link. The old one is only available used. (Or eBay. Your link, of course.)

(I have one, but it's white.)
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 01-19-2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

FWIW Duncan Designed are still the old style

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        FWIW Duncan Designed are still the old style
        Sorry.....but what do you mean by this?

Is there a place I can purchase Duncan Designed pickups? Or is that what they used to be branded as?

Comment

Duncan Designed are the "import" models, made in Korea, but designed in USA. I'm pretty sure they were only sold as OEM units, with the exception of the Musician's Friend Detonator / Performer series. And I don't think that those are available anymore.

But they're still not too difficult to find used.

Comment

I think the Custom Shop can make one of the old style if you really need it. I think the new one is an improvement.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyguitar View Post

Sorry.....but what do you mean by this?

Is there a place I can purchase Duncan Designed pickups? Or is that what they used to be branded as?
              Like Artie said. They are the import versions. My new Jackson came with Duncan Designed hot rails. They sound very strat-like, and can be found used, just with a little patience.

Comment

Ahhh...got it.

Thanks everyone....

I'm gather parts to complete my 2 guitars builds, but I like to research before pulling the trigger.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X