Tagima TW55 Pickup upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagima TW55 Pickup upgrade

First post so be gentle.. Anyone change their pickups on a Tagima TW55? If so what make/model did you use? Don't really want to cut into body. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum!

That is sort of like a Tele, right? I have to ask, what don't you like about the pickups in the guitar, now? And what kind of sound do you want?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have the same guitar, it is a tele model.
      . I like the neck pickup with the tone turned 3/4 to 4/4 down for jazz tones and that's it. I don't care for the bridge at all.
      The Tagima USA rep should be messaging me today or tomorrow to give me the specs on them. The pots are 250.

I'll be looking to swap soon too, I'm looking for something for jazz similar to the tones that Clint was producing in his clips.
      Last edited by solspirit; 01-23-2021, 05:11 AM.

Comment

While you're at it - change out your jack for a Switchcraft. You'll be glad you did.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I'd like a clearer less fuzz sound on the bridge. I too don't care for the sound of it. Really looking for a "set" so I can change both. Yes its a tele style. Playing mostly vintage rock, cover band sounds from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Comment

I'd say either the Vintage Stack Tele set or the Broadcaster set will be clearer and more versatile. Harder rock songs would need a boost, but you'd have the clarity you want.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Don't forget Lace Sensors or Bill Lawrence.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate the response, stay safe

Comment

Working...
                X