Benedetto B6 Update: Wiring/Resistance Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benedetto B6 Update: Wiring/Resistance Challenge

Okay, so I got out my trusty Fluke, and here are the resistance readings: Click image for larger version

Name:	black+shield-white.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	6050541Click image for larger version

Name:	black-shield.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	6050542Click image for larger version

Name:	white-black.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	6050543Click image for larger version

Name:	white-shield.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	6050544
    3 leads: black, white and shield.
    Black to white = 5.8k
    white to shield = 6k
    black to shield = 11.9k
    black+shield to white = 2.9k
    white+shield to black = 5.8k (forgot to take a pic of this one), basically the same as black+white
    I'm thinking that these readings are odd. Shouldn't the black to white read across both coils, which should be around 12k? Any thoughts on how to wire this?

Read here. Search function is your friend.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...1-benedetto-b6

allstarrme is right!
    Last edited by hamerfan; 01-23-2021, 11:03 AM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Thanks Hamerfan! I had looked at that thread previously, but there are 4 different opinions, and the OP never says which variant worked for him. The Duncan paperwork in that post shows the black as the hot lead, with the white acting as a switch lead. The black to shield reading *seems* to be the full pickup reading, so it appears that grounding the white wire turns the pickup off?

Comment

i assume the white is the coil split which is why its half of the full resistance

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          i assume the white is the coil split which is why its half of the full resistance
          Yep, so does the readings tell us!
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I agree on the white being a coil split. Since I don't want to use it that way, I wired black hot, shield to ground, and taped off the white. As soon as I get new strings back on it I'll let you know if we were right....

Comment

If anyone cares, our assumption on the Benedetto B6 wiring was correct, black = hot, white = coil tap/split. The new pickup sounds awesome in my Eastman John Pisano, and I haven't even finished setting it up yet!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Benedetto 2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	6051994Click image for larger version

Name:	Benedetto 1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	6051992
              Looks pretty nice, too...
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice. Benedetto's are on my "to-do" list.

Comment

glad it worked out and happy it sounds so good!

Comment

That is a beautiful guitar. I have an Eastman T59/v, but it came with Antiquities. I always wonder how the Bennies sound- I've never had a chance to try them.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X