Help me find old school Seymour Duncan pickup covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find old school Seymour Duncan pickup covers

I'm trying to find some covers for my STK-2 pickups. I really would like the covers I used to have when I started playing in the 80s. I don't know where to look. Am I the only one that thinks these are cool? I'd like to find some like the picture, but in black.

All the ones I've seen had pickups under them already.

Comment

Those are very cool, and don't come up used often. You might have luck contacting SD directly and seeing if they have anything like that now.
      Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

It’s been long enough that maybe SD would consider Reissuing them?

Comment

Yeah, they don't reissue stuff often. Usually, it comes down to sales- if it was successful, it generally stays in production.

Comment

You're probably right. I think it is just nostalgia for me.

Comment

single coil covers with no holes are available in a variety of colors...but i quick search didn't turn up any of that exact maroon shade. and of course none had the duncan logo on it. i guess it depends on how close to that exact pickup you wanna get, but you can do something similar for sure.
              Quality riffs in about a minute...
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I think the SD logo is cool, just want to recreate the 80s look. 3D printer time.

Comment

Yeah, I think the hotter Strat pickups in the 80s used that cover. You can see one on Trevor Rabin's famous Strat. Really great sound, too.

Comment

Since the Brent Mason sig is using these on the middle pickup they probably have started making them again, or have a supply of old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
                      Since the Brent Mason sig is using these on the middle pickup they probably have started making them again, or have a supply of old ones.
                      Ha! Nice catch!

Comment

Working...
                      X