Help me find old school Seymour Duncan pickup covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find old school Seymour Duncan pickup covers

I'm trying to find some covers for my STK-2 pickups. I really would like the covers I used to have when I started playing in the 80s. I don't know where to look. Am I the only one that thinks these are cool? I'd like to find some like the picture, but in black.

All the ones I've seen had pickups under them already.

Comment

Those are very cool, and don't come up used often. You might have luck contacting SD directly and seeing if they have anything like that now.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It’s been long enough that maybe SD would consider Reissuing them?

Comment

Yeah, they don't reissue stuff often. Usually, it comes down to sales- if it was successful, it generally stays in production.

Comment

You're probably right. I think it is just nostalgia for me.

Comment

single coil covers with no holes are available in a variety of colors...but i quick search didn't turn up any of that exact maroon shade. and of course none had the duncan logo on it. i guess it depends on how close to that exact pickup you wanna get, but you can do something similar for sure.
              Quality riffs in about a minute...
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I think the SD logo is cool, just want to recreate the 80s look. 3D printer time.

Comment

Yeah, I think the hotter Strat pickups in the 80s used that cover. You can see one on Trevor Rabin's famous Strat. Really great sound, too.

Comment

Since the Brent Mason sig is using these on the middle pickup they probably have started making them again, or have a supply of old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
                      Since the Brent Mason sig is using these on the middle pickup they probably have started making them again, or have a supply of old ones.
                      Ha! Nice catch!

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
                        I messaged Seymour Customer Support after purchasing a Brent Mason Tele and it doesn't have the same pickup cover - they were very polite and replied with the following:

"After doing little more digging, I found out that we did supply the pickups to Fender for the Brent Mason Signature Telecaster. As with any manufacturer, we make the pickups to the technical and cosmetic specifications provided by the manufacturer. Fender had asked for us to make the Burgundy covers for the STK-S2 stacks.

As it turns out, when Fender asked us to recreate these pickups for Brent's signature model, we did have a box of covers from the 80s with the stamped "S" logo. We used those covers for the pickups until they were gone.

Because we needed to change materials for the covers, and because we have not had the molding for the "S" stamped covers for many, many years now, Fender approved that we use a non-logo burgundy cover in the latest build of those pickups, made exclusively for the Brent Mason Telecaster.

On their website, Fender still has photos of the Brent Mason signature model with the stamped logo. Many online dealers have updated their online photos with the non-logo middle pickup."

Comment

That close up of the BM Tele looks like the STK must be direct mounted. That's interesting. Wonder what difference that makes?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason FirePaw View Post

I messaged Seymour Customer Support after purchasing a Brent Mason Tele and it doesn't have the same pickup cover - they were very polite and replied with the following:

"After doing little more digging, I found out that we did supply the pickups to Fender for the Brent Mason Signature Telecaster. As with any manufacturer, we make the pickups to the technical and cosmetic specifications provided by the manufacturer. Fender had asked for us to make the Burgundy covers for the STK-S2 stacks.

As it turns out, when Fender asked us to recreate these pickups for Brent's signature model, we did have a box of covers from the 80s with the stamped "S" logo. We used those covers for the pickups until they were gone.

Because we needed to change materials for the covers, and because we have not had the molding for the "S" stamped covers for many, many years now, Fender approved that we use a non-logo burgundy cover in the latest build of those pickups, made exclusively for the Brent Mason Telecaster.

On their website, Fender still has photos of the Brent Mason signature model with the stamped logo. Many online dealers have updated their online photos with the non-logo middle pickup."
                            This is a very cool inside story of a very cool pickup!

Comment

I used to have handfuls of them.... Now I'm wondering what box I stashed them in, if I kept them.
                              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
                              X