replacing threaded inserts on a JBJR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing threaded inserts on a JBJR

I have a JBJR that was previously surface mounted with random wood screws - can I buy the SD or similar threaded inserts and superglue them in - to allow standard scratchplate/pickguard installation ?

many thanks for looking

Keep well

you should be able to buy threaded inserts and replace them. not sure if you can get them through duncan though.

Comment

I would contact Duncan directly to see if they will sell them to you. Generally, calling is better than email.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Duncan doesn’t necessarily have a stash. They come with the molded covers, already installed. They may send/sell a cover but it’s extremely risky to replace. They’re glued on, and bending the circuit board can easily and instantly break one of the 4 coil wires going down to the pins.

If you do get inserts, they’re not that easy to replace, you’d have to heat up the old ones until they slipped out, and then probably use heat, then glue, to make sure the new ones go in and stay there permanently.

Comment

You could glue some small nuts to the bottom so you can use a regular mounting screw: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
            Duncan doesn’t necessarily have a stash. They come with the molded covers, already installed. They may send/sell a cover but it’s extremely risky to replace. They’re glued on, and bending the circuit board can easily and instantly break one of the 4 coil wires going down to the pins.

If you do get inserts, they’re not that easy to replace, you’d have to heat up the old ones until they slipped out, and then probably use heat, then glue, to make sure the new ones go in and stay there permanently.
            OK, then, we have an answer. You may be able to mount them with a screw/nut combo.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X