Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

Hi
    I kindly ask your help to identify the neck pick up of my new guitar. Recently I bought a used epiphone sg deluxe upgraded by the former owner. According to him it was equipped with a dimarzio SD in the bridge and a not specified paf in the neck, dated end of 70s. I bought the guitar on the internet (due to covid restriction it's impossible to cross the borders of the regions in Italy). The guitar arrived this morning. I removed the pickups, and yes the bridge one is a cream SD. The neck (dcr 7.28 kohm installed) seems a dimarzio paf. Could you please take a look and give me a hint of what it is? Is it legit or not?
    thanks

Older DiMarzio PAF, as you said.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
      Older DiMarzio PAF, as you said.
      Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think it's possible to date it?

Comment

looks legit to me too but i wouldnt know how to date it other than its older

Comment

There is a nice thread at the hamerfanclub, which give some hints:
          triangular tabs on brass plate from 1981 on to nickel silver 'sometime in the 90ies'
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Thanks. There is some rust on the polepieces. I would like to remove it. Any suggestions?

Comment

Remove the pole pieces and use steel wool or really light sandpaper. Naval jelly works really well, too, but I’d try the other things first.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
              X