Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbuckers that sound similar to YJM Fury's or Dimarzio HS-3's

Hey guys.

Does anyone know if there are any humbuckers out there that come close to the sound of YJM Fury's or the Dimarzio HS-3's?
    Maybe a humbucker that I can split will come close to something similar?

The JB has great split tones that are very single-coil-esque and similarly nice tones in parallel, as well.

The Bill Lawrence (aka: Wilde USA) L-90 in 4H or 6H is a bright and clear pickup that also sounds great and very single-coil like in parallel (LINK)

The DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell is a classic choice for a snappy and clear humbucker out the gate

You could also go with a humbucker-sized P90 (slightly different flavor, though) or get an adapter ring to fit a proper YJM or HS-3 in a humbucker rout...

Comment

Great advice Masta' C, thanks man.

Comment

I'd say the closest is a split or parallel Stag Mag. The split sound is really a great single coil sound, but parallel is noiseless. To me, the YJM is really a great single coil sound.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I did consider including the Stag Mag in my list.

It's an oddity, because it technically "is" and "isn't" two individual single coils mounted on a single baseplate. The coils are basically regular humbucker coils with magnets in place of traditional studs/poles. The result is a construction (and sound) that is somewhere between a humbucker and a proper single coil, especially when split.

Could be an interesting option, though! Parallel might be wonderful...I don't think I've tried it that way, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepPurple View Post
            Hey guys.

Does anyone know if there are any humbuckers out there that come close to the sound of YJM Fury's or the Dimarzio HS-3's?
            Maybe a humbucker that I can split will come close to something similar?
            The best way go is to buy a FURY or HS-3 and use this

why settle for "close" when you can just use the exact one?
            Excellent deals with,
            Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
            Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
            slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
            guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
            51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
            king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
              I did consider including the Stag Mag in my list.

It's an oddity, because it technically "is" and "isn't" two individual single coils mounted on a single baseplate. The coils are basically regular humbucker coils with magnets in place of traditional studs/poles. The result is a construction (and sound) that is somewhere between a humbucker and a proper single coil, especially when split.

Could be an interesting option, though! Parallel might be wonderful...I don't think I've tried it that way, to be honest.
              Parallel, to me, sounds better than series on the Stag Mag. I would just wire it in parallel, with a switch to split. Also, a parallel P-Rails isn't too terribly far from the YJM...a little more body, a little less attack, but similar power.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X