Duncan antiquity p90 vs bkp nantucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan antiquity p90 vs bkp nantucket

Replacing a stock single bridge p90 in my lp junior. These are the ones i'm currently torn between. I play shred but like vintage tones.

I normally wouldn't hesitate on the duncAn (as i like duncans and it is considerably less money compared to importing a BKP) but i have a set of antiquities in my lp standard and i didn't notice a huge dif.

I understand both of these are considered traditional, though, and therefore shouldn't expect a huge dif.

Kinda tempted to go higher output but the warpig sounds similar to a tonezone, to me, and i don't really dig the TZ. Afraid if i go higher output the tonal properties of the p90 sound (which i love) will decrease.

Thoughts? Thanks!

never tried the nantucket but i love the antiquity. a great thing about p90s is they are easy to mag swap and since there are two, its very tweakable.

im curious what was in your lp that you swapped out?

Comment

I'm not sure, to be honest. Whatever happened to be stock in a 1998 lp standard. Reason i swapped was because i thought it sounded a little honky at the time. It sorta fixed the honkyness but i expected more of them. I might go ahead and try the antiquity p90. Clips sound great.

Comment

i love the antiquitys i have in my lp and love em! i eventually did pull the cover off the neck pup and put in an a3 in there

Comment

I went with the antiquity. They wanted $25 to ship the BKP. Just couldn't bring myself to do it

Comment

Installation happens tues! I'm excited!

Comment

Yessss, installation happened. Sounds killer!

Comment

glad you like it! its surprising to some how versatile a single pup guitar can be

Comment

Working...
                X