Installed an SSL 5T the other day in my strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed an SSL 5T the other day in my strat

And have CS 69’s in the neck and middle. Man I am loving that pickup. It sounds fantastic- I was worried it was going to sound harsh and shrill. The pickup to me sounds very musical and toneful. Nice and thick - not a great clean tone but I’d never used a bridge for clean anyway. Sounds absolutely awesome with overdrive

I went with the tapped version bc I wanted to preserve position 2 as much as possible. Glad I did as it sounds very close to the position 2 tone that I had before with the 69 in the neck.

it’s great having a useable bridge that I can go to

Awesome that it works so well for you!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Awesome that it works so well for you!
      What does the antiquity II hot neck sound like? Is it similar to the SSL 5? I’m going to put one in my other Strat that has SSL 1 in neck and middle.

Comment

Well, there is an Antiquity II Surfer which has a slightly rounded classic Strat tone. There is also an Antiquity Texas Hot which is a bright strat pickup with more power than something like an SSL-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Well, there is an Antiquity II Surfer which has a slightly rounded classic Strat tone. There is also an Antiquity Texas Hot which is a bright strat pickup with more power than something like an SSL-1.
          The one that I have is the surfer and has a DCR of 10k ohms Just curious
          Last edited by EC Strat; 02-14-2021, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Both are pretty similar with some EQ differences.

Comment

Working...
            X