Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade magnets and bar magnets

Long time no see fellas,

If I make a pickup with two blade magnets for the polepieces, a bar magnet, and flanking ceramic magnets, will that make the pickup louder or quieter than if I just used the bar magnet and flanking magnets (like the invader has)?

I'm doing an experiment to see how loud I can make a pickup. Would it be worth it to add the polepiece bar magnets? Something in my head is telling me that having that many magnets would cause them to use more of their energy to oppose eachother than produce a current.

The twin blades are steel not magnets.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Actually in my case they are A4

Comment

The center magnet I have planned is a double thick A8, the flanking magnets are ceramic, and the two magnets I've machined into bobbins are A4

Comment

It's worth a try. We already know that 3 mags under the inert poles works.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

If you want to make it as loud as possible, why are you using A4 at all? Go A8 all the way.

Also, Alnico 8 spacer mags would yield the same "power" as ceramic, but help raise the inductance further, which is a good thing if you're simply trying to make it as loud as possible.

If you were really serious about over-the-top output, we'd be discussing Neodymium magnets, which would help keep the strings permanently affixed to the top of the pickup

That said, there are probably other limitations to the actual function of your design, but it sounds like something fun to try!

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
              If you were really serious about over-the-top output, we'd be discussing Neodymium magnets, which would help keep the strings permanently affixed to the top of the pickup

That said, there are probably other limitations to the actual function of your design, but it sounds like something fun to try!
              I have a pickup with a two A8 blade magnets, two ceramic spacers, a half inch of magnet that has no issues with string pull.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                I have a pickup with a two A8 blade magnets, two ceramic spacers, a half inch of magnet that has no issues with string pull.
                When you're using neo mags for your blades, come back and see me

Comment

The neo mags in my magnetizer rips the mag out of my hands lol!!
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

They are strong. But that's good grip strength training.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X