Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

Different Types of Pliers for Jewelry Making

Jewelry making process requires special tools for this process. There are jewelry pliers available to cover basic and specialized needs. You might be thinking about the exact use of pliers in the jewelry making process. It is an essential item for this process and is a hand-operated tool that holds and grips tiny articles to bend and cut accurately. Our guide explains the different types of pliers and their uses.

Before moving ahead, you need to know why it is indispensable to visit a reliable website to make a confident decision. Our experts strive to compose posts with a Good product review after testing each product at the workshop. In addition, they interview many professionals to find the best-rated devices available on the market.

Snipe-Nose Pliers

Snipe nose pliers are known as chain nose pliers and are great to use. They are used to open and close the jump rings, hold small items, and shape the wire. It is an ideal tool to use with crimps. It has a tapered nose that helps fix the gems at awkward places.

Prong Pliers

These pliers help to set gems. They have flat jaws with grooves. You can place them close around the stone by gently squeezing the handles and placing them against prongs. The tip groove of the jaw opens the prong, and the bottom jaw braces the piece. Both these pliers prevent damage to prongs and stones.

Round Nose Pliers

These pliers are the perfect tool to form a loop in wires. This tool is handy for wire wrapping and creating eye pins.

Side Cutters

Side cutters cut the metal wire or flexible jewelry string wire up to 1mm. You can read more about these tools at CraftsSelection and how to use flat blades to cut the edges, making it convenient to minimize filing and finishing.

Flat Nose Pliers

Flat nose pliers have a nose that makes them stable and handy to open and close the jump rings. These pliers have large surfaces to hold large and flat objects. It features the bending and sharp angles to cut sheets and wires.

Bent Nose Pliers

These pliers offer a comfortable grip to reach hard-to-access positions. You can use them to open and close the jump rings and shape wire. They have bent angles of tips helpful to see the work without the handles. Bent nose pliers are available in the market in a pack of five pliers and side cutters.

Coiling Pliers

Coiling pliers have round jaws on one side of them. You can wrap the wire around them for making loops or coils in different sizes. These pliers speed up the wire formation and are helpful to make jump rings and eye pins.

Conclusion

From the above discussion, we know many pliers are helpful in jewelry making. These tools are available in the market. A jewelry enthusiast can get the plier of their own choice for their work. Pliers make the workload easy for the workers, but you might find and invest in the top-rated options.

CraftsSelection website has a unique Selection of Top Products For Sewing and Crafts, which might take your performance to the next level in real-time. Unlike other platforms, we offer honest reviews without any gimmick. Remember that professionals from different countries regularly visit us before finalizing their buying decision.
    Last edited by charlesblack; 03-31-2022, 09:21 AM.

welcome to the forum!

carefully unscrew the base plate and slide them out. youll need to put some kind of spacer in there before you tighten the baseplate back up. you need to be careful of the coil wires cause you can kill your pup if you break one but its not hard if you are careful and go slow

Comment

Yup, what Jeremy said...unwrap the tape from the bobbins, unscrew the 4 small screws on the baseplate, carefully pull the baseplate down, remove side mags, replace with spacers, put it back together.

Comment

I don't even unwrap the tape. I just use a popsicle stick / tongue-depressor, to carefully lift one side of the tape and push the mag out. And I only do a turn or two on the screws. I don't remove them. Then again, that's for the "main" mags. I've never done the side mags.

But try to use wood. A screwdriver can chip the mags.

Comment

i use a chopstick

Comment

Ah, so.

Comment

Chopsticks are nice, or anything with a rounded end, it will help any wires want to move to the side and assist in not chipping the magnet. I use a screwdriver for small electronics and haven't chipped a magnet or pushed a wire after many magnet flips and swaps. I am probably going to start using my wifes chopsticks now though!

Comment

Working...
              X