banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Fender "American standard " Alnico V pickups the same for most years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Fender "American standard " Alnico V pickups the same for most years?

I am interested in trying some Fender "American standard" alnico 5 pickups. do these vary from year to year or have these been the same for many years?

I am far from an expert, but I'm pretty sure they tend to use the exact same pickups for several years in a row, maybe 4-5. I would think most versions will likely be pretty similar, though if you went to a Fender forum you'd likely see some years are preferred over others. One thing I know for certain though is that in 2012 they started using Fat 50s, which a lot of people think are very good. I love the neck in particular. I'm not sure when they stopped using those, but I think it was somewhere around 2016-2017. The exact date should be easy to Google.

Comment

Pretty sure they were the same pickups from around 88 to 2011. They're nothing special. In 2012 Fender changed the American Standards to have Fat 50's in the Strats and "Broadcaster" in the Teles.
      -
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
      X