Ibanez quantum pickups.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez quantum pickups.......

Hi guys, im hoping someone can help me here cos i think ive exhausted every other avenue......
    I got all the diagrams i needed to to put two on on on switches in my jem jr when i switched the pick guard, so i could have series/coil split/parallel on each humbucker, on the presumtion that the quantums were four wire pickups. Opened her up, and theyre three wire, and im totally stumped......Sorry i know this isnt a seymour duncan issue just i figured you guys would probably be the best people to ask. No one seems to have a clue...

The five way switch connections on the ibanez switch has, neck hot (white) Tap (red) and gnd (black), on the same edge it has the hot and ground for the middle single coil. The other endof the switch has Bridge hot (white) Tap (red) and gnd (black)......

Me plan was to link the hot to the tap on the switch for neck and bridge, so i could run the hbs alongside the middle without spliting the hb if that makes sense, so i could just use the mini switch to split the coil as and when, but now ive only got what seems to be 2 wire pickups im lost. Anyone have any ideas on how i can accomplish this without buying new pickups lol???/

Thanks for any help you can offer

Its possible to wire a three wire pickups with coil split, but they do not support parallel.

Its just like a 2 wire pickup with a single wire trace going through both coils, but there is also an intermediate wire that goes to the middle between both coils.

With a little thought, you can modify most wiring diagrams to use three wire pickup.

Post a picture of the wiring diagram you are following and we can help modify it for you.

Comment

Yeah i had a feeling that was going to be the answer, the whole point of wiring it the way i mentioned was to get them in,parallel, i was trying to shave a little bit of low end off the neck pickup.......
      Dont worry about it bro I'm just gonna leave it till such time as i treat it to some dimarzio utopias lol

Thanks for the quick response and answer, i appreciate it

Comment

Working...
      X