pegasus and sentient installed in PRS CE24 with 5 way rotary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pegasus and sentient installed in PRS CE24 with 5 way rotary

After listening Fishman Modern Fluence in ESP I want to get my PRS CE24 a little more readable/clear on high gain.

ways wanted to install those in my CE but didn't realize it's that complicated (for me).

In humbucker mode 1 and 5 they do sound great. In 2.3.4 it sounds like half volume off .

Can someone tell me what I did wrong? Thank you!

I've followed this guide https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...iring.1092806/

Someone who knows the switches and the color code could help you immediately.
    I will have a look if you can provide the specs sheet of that switch and if you can label your wires that you are showing in this picture...
    many greetings

Comment

Originally posted by AlexS7320 View Post
      Someone who knows the switches and the color code could help you immediately.
      I will have a look if you can provide the specs sheet of that switch and if you can label your wires that you are showing in this picture...
      many greetings
      Thank you AlexS7320

PRS has 3 wires - Black - Red - White
      and according to the below image that's how I've wired it.

Black --> WHITE SD
      RED --> GREEN + BLACK SD
      White --> RED SD

and ground to the ground.

Position 10 humbucker bridge
      Position 9 Outside coils of both pickups in parallel
      Position 8 Series single coils
      Position 7 Parallel single coils
      Position 6 humbucker neck

Positions 9 to 7 just sound out of place and very weak.

Thank you!

Comment

Did you flip the magnet for the bridge?

Comment

Did you flip the magnet for the bridge?
          I did not. If I do would it alter Pegasus sound in the full-bridge humbucker mode?
          Last edited by Asgaroth; 03-14-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

No, it should only affect the positions with both pickups. It sounds like they are out of phase.

Comment

Originally posted by skelt101 View Post
              No, it should only affect the positions with both pickups. It sounds like they are out of phase.
              WOW - I did that and it sounds great. 9,8,7 is no longer halftone and quiet.

THOUGH I have no Idea what it is (in parallel, coils, - I'm not verse on that at all )

I've rotated the magnet in the neck but didn't change the wiring.

According to this guy (simonbarsinister) https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...duncan-pickups red and white should be together --> but previous diagram says green and black

Comment

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you!

Comment

Is it true, you are using only duncans and BLACK and GREEN always go together during wiring?
                  Did you give color code for PRS 'PRS has 3 wires - Black - Red - White' even though we are talking about duncans?
                  I advise you to test your wiring now:
                  Take a piece of metal, screwdriver, or any other thing, and sweep over every coil (some polepiecs of it) in every configuration. [you could also knock, but knocking has too much output to differentiate in most cases].
                  See if you dont get more puzzled by the result of that test...

Comment

so it seems :

6) neck
                    7) outer coils neck and bridge --> more glassy
                    8) outer coils neck and bridge --> more basy
                    9) inner coils
                    10) neck

sound examples from 6 to 10 -- recorded with condense mic through my amp (2 feet away) - and just reverb for ambience https://soundcloud.com/lotik/1a-1/s-bN1IWIgQKDn.

Comment

Working...
                    X