NECK/MIDDLE SC recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NECK/MIDDLE SC recommendations

I recently built a Warmoth Superstrat and scored a killer deal on a Custom Shop Lil '78 for the bridge so I want to find a nice match for an SSS set up. It's an alder body with roasted maple neck and as frets. I'm also using a recessed Floyd.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Are you thinking of going with single size hums, true single coils, or stax?
    Last edited by Clint 55; 02-20-2021, 11:48 PM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

What do you want out of the neck and middle? Strat sounds? Non-strat sounds? What kind of EQ? What is more important..tone or volume balance with the bridge? Noiseless or not?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I forgot how knowledgeable this forum is....

Here's what I'm looking for
        Noiseless is not a deal breaker

I used to own a Tokai tst-56 and fell in love with that type of strat tone

I use the middle pickup alot by itself and also am a huge fan of position 4 (middle & neck) correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't I go rwrp with the middle single coil to get a quieter position 4?

If not too much to ask tone and volume balance should be relatively close to the Lil 78 but, once again, not a deal breaker.

Also, I will be wiring it with one volume and one tone and a 5-way switch

I'd like to keep the traditional strat pickup look so I'm hoping to steer clear of rails

Hopefully, this isn't too tall and order and once again, thanks for the help

Comment

You could probably go with stax then..
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

i've always had good luck with the dimarzio area series
            Quality riffs in about a minute...
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

STK-S4 and STK-S4M seem ideal...
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Classic Stacks for middle and neck are awesome pickups. Not only they do classic Strat tones remarkably well, they are really versatile, even handling high gain as well as clean tones.
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

the classic stacks are great pups and should suit you well

Comment

The balance with the Classic Stacks should be good, and you will get nice, quiet, beautiful Strat sounds with all the quack. I don't know if I'd bother splitting them and getting a rw/rp middle. Just use them the way they are.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks everyone, the Classic stax look like the choice for me...although I must admit the YJM Fury neck does peak my interest. I wonder if it would be a good match with my Lil '78 bridge??

Comment

yeah, itll work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          The balance with the Classic Stacks should be good, and you will get nice, quiet, beautiful Strat sounds with all the quack. I don't know if I'd bother splitting them and getting a rw/rp middle. Just use them the way they are.
                          Agreed. On the N and M I had, I wired them to a split toggle switch for an immediate change while playing and honestly, I could not tell the difference at all. They are that good.

The '78 with the Classic Stack Plus N and M would be a GREAT setup.

Comment

Working...
                          X