P-Rails Wiring Help, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-Rails Wiring Help, Please

Thanks for those who helped me with another P-rail pickup question. So, I'm ready to wire a new pickguard with the two P-rails. I'll be wiring them backward meaning the neck pickup will have the blade closest to the neck and the bridge pickup will have the blade closest to the bridge. I'd like to control the following and hoped you can take a look and let me know if I'm on the right track or not. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish and the wiring diagram:
    - Independent volume control of Neck and Bridge pickups using 2 volume, 500K linear pots
    - Control tone with a single 500K linear tone pot with a .0047uf cap
    - 3-Way pickup selector to select neck, both, or bridge (similar to a tele)
    - Independently select the pickups from Blade, P-90, and Humbucker with DPDT switches so the neck could be a different pickup from the bridge when the 3-way pickup selector is set on both
    - The humbucker would always be in series when selected (not sure if there’s any advantage to having an option to select parallel….please let me know if there is and provide some options where I can still get the above but also get the parallel)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P-Rails Wiring.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	6059112

Corrected and updated the diagram

Name:	P-Rails Wiring v2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	6059128

Comment

One more correction. Hopefully this will work

Name:	P-Rails Wiring v3.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	6059133

Comment

It took me a minute to figure what was being changed. It looks like you're just moving grounds around. It doesn't matter where the grounds are connected, as long as they eventually make it to ground. I just use whatever's convenient for the particular wire I'm connecting.

However, if you want "independent" volume controls, you need to reverse the blue and left lug black on your volume pots. Other than that, they all look fine to me.

(I see now. You didn't complete the vol pot grounds.)

Comment

Working...
        X