X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by chewpac View Post
    i just put a Pegasus / Sentient combo in my DC700 and am very happy with the results. they are warmer than other pickups i've had in the guitar, which came with Kiesel Lithiums (crazy bright). my DC700 has a maple/walnut neck (thru) and black limba wings.

i was also considering black winters.

i had previously tried a few Dimarzio options, including Ionizers, Super Distortion / Liquifire, and Crunch Lab / Liquifire. the Pegasus / Sentient has been the best fit for the instrument by a significant margin. search is done.

they are very clear pickups, but not in the trebly, sort of crystalline way that the stock Lithiums were. Just defined. Nice treble, but not overbearing. very balanced. I like the Sentient, and i love the Pegasus.
    The Black Winters would have more mids, but I think you made the right choice there.

Leave a comment:

• chewpac
    replied
    i just put a Pegasus / Sentient combo in my DC700 and am very happy with the results. they are warmer than other pickups i've had in the guitar, which came with Kiesel Lithiums (crazy bright). my DC700 has a maple/walnut neck (thru) and black limba wings.

i was also considering black winters.

i had previously tried a few Dimarzio options, including Ionizers, Super Distortion / Liquifire, and Crunch Lab / Liquifire. the Pegasus / Sentient has been the best fit for the instrument by a significant margin. search is done.

they are very clear pickups, but not in the trebly, sort of crystalline way that the stock Lithiums were. Just defined. Nice treble, but not overbearing. very balanced. I like the Sentient, and i love the Pegasus.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    The Pegasus and Sentient are both a sort of scooped EQ, and I wouldn't define them as warm. They have articulate highs and tight bass with scooped mids. For a warm bridge, look at the Custom Custom or BW.

Leave a comment:

• JBViking
    replied
    The neck is maple and the body is alder. Was considering Pegasus/Sentient combo but I’m just not sure if those will warm things up. ‍

Leave a comment:

• JBViking
    replied
    I play metal and shred. I really dig the C22 pickups but, after playing them for a long time, they’re a bit too bright and I was looking for something warmer.

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied
    Own several of those guitars and have Duncans in them all. What are you looking for tone wise?
    This is my DC 127 hardtail has a Perpetual Burn and a Sentient in it.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    What kind of music? A warmer, more modern set is the Black Winter, and even if you don't do metal, they sound great.

Leave a comment:

• JBViking
    started a topic Pickups for Carvin DC

Pickups for Carvin DC

I have a 2005 Carvin DC127, maple neck thru with alder body and Carvin C22 pickups. I love the guitar and I like the pickups as well. But I want to replace the pickups with something a bit warmer and more modern.

Any recommendations?

thanks guys!
Working...
X