• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      While we're on the subject . . . I'm thinking that the tortoise shell won't interfere with the magnetic field, and therefore, will be sonically neutral. Virtually the same as no cover. Would that be correct?
      The plastic won't affect anything, but when I tried open covers like that, it congested the pickups I was using (Pearly Gates / A2P hybrid neck, T-Deco bridge [very similar to a Jazz bridge]). Took away the bit of high end that was making the pickups lively and easy to play (touch sensitive)

Comment

Well . . . that wouldn't be good. Then again, if I start with a pup I've never heard, the total package would just be what it is. I'm thinking of Whole Lotta's.

P.S. I wonder if they'd sell me just the covers, so I could retrofit them to some pups I already have?
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-28-2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          Well . . . that wouldn't be good. Then again, if I start with a pup I've never heard, the total package would just be what it is. I'm thinking of Whole Lotta's.

P.S. I wonder if they'd sell me just the covers, so I could retrofit them to some pups I already have?
          Worth a call or email to ask. They just might.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I also found an eBay seller that sells the individual parts to make your own. I might try this with walnut inlay instead of tortoise. Plus, their inlays have the holes for the adjustable pole pieces.

Comment

Working...
            X