Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
    So does the neck, at least to my ears.

On topic, I found the HRn to have way too much output and sounding too thick, so I replaced it with a Little '59. Smooth, any yet full tone, and does cleans better than the HRn.
    Exactly my experience, too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i use a hot rails neck in the bridge of one guitar and it matches up well with a vintagey type strat pup in the neck. the hrn sounds fat and warm in the neck and matches the hrb well but against brighter pups without a bunch of output, it can be a bad fit

Comment

I had a Squier Strat that I put the HR/CR/HRn in.

I did not have Clint’s experience.

it seemed to cut through fine for me. The CR was warmer.

“Hot” is an apt descriptor.
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I think the Hot Rails neck is a good pickup but I think as others have stated that you're going to get closer to the Moore tone with the Lil' 59. I like the slightly more pronounced mids and the ability to clean up more nicely with the Lil' 59, personally.

Comment

An unforeseen complication; the Jackson has direct mount pickups, and it looks like the Lil 59 has threaded inserts....hummmm...any ideas how to use those with a direct mount screw system?

Thanks,

Larry

Comment

i have a hot rails mounted direct, i got some 1" skinny wood screws that fit through the inserts without mucking up the threads. probably dont need to be that long though

Comment

Working...
              X