No announcement yet.

New guitar build: Tele pickup decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I'm too late to help since you already bought the Alnico 2 set, but if the bridge doesn't work out the way you hope you might consider the 10k. The 1/4" dia poles pick up a lot more string vibration and give a really good fuller tone...more mids and more power.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      I know I'm too late to help since you already bought the Alnico 2 set, but if the bridge doesn't work out the way you hope you might consider the 10k. The 1/4" dia poles pick up a lot more string vibration and give a really good fuller tone...more mids and more power.
      Thank you GuitarDoc I will keep it in mind… I'm still in painting mode here. Soon though there will be time to put it all together!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gurka.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	6080169

Comment

It's too bad they accidentally built your guitar backwards. The cutaway is on the wrong side!
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Build thread here if anyone's curious!

I'm building my new guitar, a parts caster. A roasted alder thinline with a rosewood over birdseye maple neck. Warmoth parts. I'm spraying it olympic white (Dupont original) with nitro spray cans. Waterslide decal my own design label. Clearcoat nitro over the label and a lot of sanding...

Comment

look forward to seeing the final result!

Comment

Ya is this a left handed or right handed guitar? lol
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
              X