Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong pickup

Hello
    I want to replace the pickups for the first time in my life, and for a lack of knowledge I bought a humbucker for bridge position in sted of trembucker.
    It's too late to return it.
    Do you think there will be a big difference in sound, if I use the humbucker with too small spacing between the screws/slugs, compared to a trembucker?
    Is it a very bad idea to keep it like that?

I may also have trouble finding single coils to match the cavities.
    Most single coils are with "triangular" baseplates.

Do you have any suggestions?
    HSS for hard rock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210307_131049.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	6064831

Won't matter.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

No issue at all

Comment

Yeah, just go with it.

The Fender Big Apple and Lone Star Strats of 20 years ago knowingly used a regular spaced humbucker Pearly Gates Plus in the Bridge position of those guitars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep no problem with the humbucker.

A fair number of singlecoils are available without the larger baseplate, including a number of popular models from Duncan and Dimarzio. I know Zhangbucker offers it as an option and I think Jason Lollar does too.

You can find more with a search for 'Strat pickups no flange'
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Yes, any Duncan single coil can be ordered like that through an authorized dealer. Also, what humbucker do you have in there?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Yes, any Duncan single coil can be ordered like that through an authorized dealer. Also, what humbucker do you have in there?
              Looks like SH-12, me thinks.
              I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Thank you very much for alle the answers :-)
                I will keep the pickup and look for single coils without flange.

It's Screamin' Demon humbucker. I guess it is HS-12. I'm still trying to learn the names.

Comment

For the most part - distance to the pole doesn't mean directly under. If you are worried about alignment, just raise a given pole a little bit. Go with your ears.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                  X