banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Fender Modern Player Plus Wiring Question & Middle Neck options in future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Fender Modern Player Plus Wiring Question & Middle Neck options in future

Hello!

I have been combing this forum and others to try and make sure that I go about this correctly.

I have a DPDT On On On Type 2 switch I want to switch out for the original and want to wire the Seymour Duncan Pegasus for Series, Parallel, and Coil Tap with the stock middle and neck pickups.

Here is everything I have learned:

Stock pickups are Magnetic Polarity of SN N S and if my other pickups are Fender I need to reverse the Black and Green Wires.

With these things in mind how would this example wiring image be different? I would like position 2 of the five way with the coil split bridge (I am assuming screw side closest to the bridge (South) and middle (North) would be hum canceling? Another picture of the correct placement would be great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TeleWire.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	6065111

The other questions I had would be future pickup replacements for the middle and neck. I play a lot of different styles (Metal to Blues) and want to keep the middle Strat sounding and the neck tele like. Almost like a one trick pony. Need something that will go well with the Pegasus.

I have seen suggestions to go noiseless with the Vintage Hot Stack Plus Strat and Vintage Stack Tele or Five-Two Strat for middle and Five-Two Tele Neck.

I have a Strat with single coils already so maybe noiseless would be the way to go?

Thanks!

Okay so I reverse engineered from HERE and HERE.

Can someone chime in to make sure I have this correct? On my type 2 switch the Black and Green would stay like they are from the image in my previous post as they would stay this way since my middle and neck are Fender pickups correct?

I would also need to switch the White and Red wires as I want to split and use the screw slug (South).

So here is my colors on the attached image. Thanks!

W = White
    R = Red
    The rest are labeled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210316_204641.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	6065532

Comment

Working...
    X