X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real A2P's???

What say you?

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I'm no expert, and the cream looks a little off, which could be lighting. My guess is that they are real. Lets see what the forum experts say. The pole screws look wrong though, but I don't know if they use different screws when doing gold pole pieces.
    Last edited by Zheddar; 03-16-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

The front and the back are different pickups. The back shots aren’t gold poles. Backs look legit. Who knows what the front are. No logo. Can’t remember if my A2Ps have the logo or not.

Comment

My neck Alnico II Pro came with no logo, but if these have gold poles, then they could have added the logo, too. I thought if a pickup was a 'Shop Floor Custom' (which this would have to be), then the sticker would reflect that.
        But if the front and the back are 2 different pickups, all bets are off. For that price, just go to a known authorized dealer and order them.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You guys got me all riled up now. I can't trust anyone!!!

Comment

The backsides of the poles sure look gold to me, what am I missing, have I gone blind?

Comment

Originally posted by Drak View Post
              The backsides of the poles sure look gold to me, what am I missing, have I gone blind?
              Yeah - I though that too. I was gonna say Gold covers? But then why gold slugs???

Custom shop???

Comment

Hmm, they look like they are the same front and back pickups to me. But the screw pole pieces that Duncan uses are the hole tapping ones, unless when they use gold they are different screws. When I look at the one with its bottom to us and the slugs towards us I see a cream bobbin, which I should. On the bottom pic with the screws towards us I see black bobbins which I should. I would also like to point out that currently the custom shop is making shop floor custom pickups at the $160 price, and that could change some things. Like if you have a short leg 59 pickup it's going to be worth more used now because people have to pay $160 for it new, and some guitars can not mount long legs. Also, I see gold pole pieces and screws in all the pics. The only thing that looks questionable to me is the screw pole pieces not being the hole tapping kind.

Comment

I wonder if these were OEM in a guitar and got swapped out. They wouldn't have a shop floor custom marking in that case, would they? They look pretty good to me, and China seems to be more into cloning standard models than unique pieces, but i really don't know.
                  Last edited by superpete; 03-17-2021, 01:11 AM.
                  Quality riffs in about a minute...
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Well, there are certainly people here that can identify this stuff better than I can. Usually OEM models don't have a regular sticker on them.

Comment

I'm just curious . . . is the attraction the gold slugs/screws? These are about $20 above MSRP at a reputable dealer like Sweetwater.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                        I'm just curious . . . is the attraction the gold slugs/screws? These are about $20 above MSRP at a reputable dealer like Sweetwater.
                        Exactly. I haven't checked to see if the seller is an authorized dealer- that might change my opinion. But at that price, I'd certainly make sure whomever I was ordering from was a dealer so you get the perks of buying from one.

Comment

I'm just on the hunt for an A2P set, Zebra. The Gold is a bonus and matches the guitar hardware - that's all. Kind of an ideal set for this guitar. But - like I said - now you guys got me all paranoid.

Comment

Dude I could sell you my legit zebra A2P set I bought from a forum bro here cheap style. No need to risk chibay. But sorry mine are not gold screws and slugs. Those eBay ones might be legit. The backs are legit and after a second look the others were right, the poles are gold all around.
                            Last edited by beaubrummels; 03-17-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

i think it's a legit shop floor custom set. why go through the trouble of making fake duncans that don't look like duncans?
                              Quality riffs in about a minute...
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Working...
                              X