banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...Tell Me About the Gravity Storm (Bridge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...Tell Me About the Gravity Storm (Bridge)

I bought a used Gravity Storm bridge pickup several months ago (in Blue).
    Am going to put it in one of my Floyd builds when the time comes.

Tell me all about it, get the juices flowing (or not).
    I have a PAF Pro I was probably planning on using with it if that thickens the plot.

Love the pickup. Had one for a while and was running a PAF Joe in the neck with it. BIG warm round but still cuts and is not muddy. It how ever was so different from the other tones I had I went another direction. Had more to do with what I was playing than the pickup though. For a HUGE open brown sounding pickup it's a real KILLER! The PAF Pro is way to hot and muddy in the neck IMO it's a better medium output bridge pickup.. A PAF Joe would be a better choice in both output and tone with the GS IMO!
    Last edited by Ascension; 03-16-2021, 10:53 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Freaking love mine. Thick, juicy leads. Sounds like Andy Timmons. Bottom is also thick though, not crunchy. Not for rhythm as much though.
      Last edited by Nagisa; 03-20-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Sounds like Andy Timmons.
        Excellent!

Comment

Working...
        X