No announcement yet.

More chug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the rest of your rig? Good chug sounds are a combination of things and at least for me the pickup is fairly low importance. You can take the nastiest chug pickup but if you are plugging it into a BD2 and a pignose, well good luck. Yes thats an extreme example but its just to illustrate the points.

Never underestimate the value of a good boost pedal of some sort in your chug quest. I have a Rivera KR7 that i still use a SD1 with just cause it adds something to the chug that the amp doesnt get on its own.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
      I have a Rivera KR7 that i still use
      Maaaaate! /drools
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

This pickup will either go into a chinese LP copy or a Strat, the amp is a Carvin SX 200 and all I have for effects is a Vox Stomplab. I plan on getting some real pedals this year and maybe eliminating the Vox.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post

Maaaaate! /drools
          LOL Thanks, Its a killer amp all the way around, Its the first amp that ive owned where I actually use the Rhythm channel for my Rhythm sound and not the lead channel. Funny enough I wasnt even looking to buy one, I had driven up to Vienna cause a shop up there had a Diezel Hagen and a Engl Powerball II i wanted to try out. While I was there the salesman kept hounding me to try the KR7. When I did I was sold. Its been so good I havent bought another amp in 8 years now. Which for me is some sort of record.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post

LOL Thanks, Its a killer amp all the way around, Its the first amp that ive owned where I actually use the Rhythm channel for my Rhythm sound and not the lead channel. Funny enough I wasnt even looking to buy one, I had driven up to Vienna cause a shop up there had a Diezel Hagen and a Engl Powerball II i wanted to try out. While I was there the salesman kept hounding me to try the KR7. When I did I was sold. Its been so good I havent bought another amp in 8 years now. Which for me is some sort of record.
            Damn! I'd love to spend an hour or two in that place. You got any clips of the KR7?

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
            This pickup will either go into a chinese LP copy or a Strat, the amp is a Carvin SX 200 and all I have for effects is a Vox Stomplab. I plan on getting some real pedals this year and maybe eliminating the Vox.
            We'll have to shotgun it then and look at pickups that will get along with any amp with decent gain you'll plug into in future or maybe one of those spiffy AMT or Mooer preamp pedals seeing as the Carvin is pretty pedal friendly from what I hear. What tunings are you planning on playing in and are you opposed to active pickups?
            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X