Tele neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele neck?

What do you recommend that's really soupy, creamy & sweet, wíth soaring highs of course.
    Last edited by solspirit; 03-22-2021, 05:46 PM.

Mini-hum. SM-1 or 3. I like the 3.

Comment

Get another pickguard and throw a full size humbucker in there.
      "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

For that, I like a humbucker, like a Seth Lover.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Definitely recommend moving away from the standard Tele neck format if you want soupy, creamy & sweet. You can achieve that with some Strat-sized single coils, mini-hums or something like the Kinman Big-Nine-O if you want to keep the look of non-humbuckers.

Comment

I'd like to retain the look and the cover, plus I'd rather not have to buy another pickguard.

Comment

If it has to match the pickguard...well, that isn't really what a traditional Tele pickup sounds like. I'd guess the Vintage Rhythm Stack, if I had to pick a close one that fits that form factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                If it has to match the pickguard...well, that isn't really what a traditional Tele pickup sounds like. I'd guess the Vintage Rhythm Stack, if I had to pick a close one that fits that form factor.
                I'm not looking for a vintage sound on this.
                I've got to lose the cover don't I?

Comment

The neck comes with its own cover.

Comment

Cool. I'm on it.. haha... Thanks man.

Comment

Dimarzio Twang King might be an option. It’s not SD, but it’s my favorite of singlecoil tele neck pickups. Almost strat like.

Comment

Back to the drawing board... This is a Tàgima version of a tele,. The neck pickup is smaller than a single coil. Is it a lipstick pickup?
                        It's got end pickguard screw mounts that are 69.5mm cc.

Comment

Working...
                        X