Hss tele with coil split and Gilmour mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hss tele with coil split and Gilmour mod

I have been looking for a wiring diagram everywhere online and I can't find this anywhere. I'm building a hss tele and I was looking at running two push pull pots and a 5 way blade switch. I want the coil split for the bridge humbucker on the volume push pull pots, and the Gilmour mod push pull on the tone pot to put the neck pickup in. This way I can get the typical neck and bridge tele sound or all three pickups at once and still split the humbucker.
    Last edited by WWEF; 03-25-2021, 01:33 PM.

You'd just use a standard HSS split wiring, like this diagram, and just add the neck-on Gilmour mod to it.

All the Gilmour mod does is use a another switch (in your case the push-pull on the Tone pot) so that when pulled it connects the neck pickup's lug on the blade switch to the first lug of the volume pot, the same one where the wires from the switch and tone control attach. Here's a diagram for that - its the red wires, except you'll be using two terminals on the DPDT push-pull instead of the SPDT switch shown here.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
    X