Clear All

• tele - 5 way - tapped bridge WITH a series option

looking to wire it

bridge full
    bridge tapped
    bridge tapped + neck
    neck
    bridge tapped + neck series

can't find a schematic for that exactly. any advice?

i dont think you can do that without a super switch

Comment

How I would do that if it were me is to:
      Use a 4-way switch and wire it normally
      Use a push-pull pot as a volume or tone pot
      Use the push-pull 'switch' for your tapped bridge option.
      So you have all the standard 4-way options.
      And can add the tapped option any time you want by pulling the switch (knob) up.

Comment

I am guessing you mean split? I didn't think you could get the WLH tapped.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

that was my original approach, but knowing how small the control cavity is, and that the untapped pickup in series will likely sound like dirt, i thought i'd distill it down to sounds i'd actually use. if possible, of course.

worst case there is a wiring diagram for the tapped tele. it omits the series mode, which i think is a cool addition, but gets me lots of sounds. i don't know that i'd get much use out of bridge full output + neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I am guessing you mean split? I didn't think you could get the WLH tapped.
            i am using the quarter pounder with a tap. i recognize that folks erroneously use those terms interchangeably.

Comment

I agree simplest would be 4-way plus a pull-to-split. Otherwise I think you're going to need a Superswitch.

Just wanted to point out that with the 4-way, you also have the option of full bridge + neck available.
              Even if you think you might not choose that very often, it still might be useful once in a while.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
              X