Suhr Aldrich vs Alternative 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Aldrich vs Alternative 8

Are these similar at all? How do they compare in the bridge position? Any preferences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Aldrich is more refined JB: Its definitly the same ballpark as the JB but less upper mid hump. The Alt8 is a darker and stronger pickup that does not sound too much like a JB. A different times i has JB with an Alnico 8 and a Alt8 in the same guitar: the JB8 was a mid way between the Distortion and the JB, but i felt the Alt8 as something different. I always loved the JB for its parallel coil sound, but all Alnico 8 pickups lost that scoopy goodness.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

As far As the Duncan family goes, what might be the closest to the Aldrich? Jb? Jb8 alt 8? Anything else I’m missing or not considering?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aldridge a refined standard JB.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
        X